Friday, May 29, 2009

Finally, a yarn I'm not interested in

Today I came across a new yarn that I can, with complete confidence, promise Piggy will never add to her stash.

Don't worry; I take no offense. I probably wouldn't believe it, either. But I am quite serious: I might buy Noro for some of you whoros; I might even, in some fit of amigurumi-crazed madness, introduce a skein of Fun Fur to my own baskets of lovelies; but I swear on my Malabrigo, I will never buy any of this new yarn.

You're intrigued, aren't you?

The new, patented yarn is called Transol, and it is found in a new line of swimsuits from UK manufacturer Kiniki (please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately thinks of hickeys* when they read that?).

So, what's the big deal about Transol? It's see-through. Well, when held up to the light, anyway, and before it is fashioned into various patterns that trick the eye. And it allows UV rays to penetrate the skin beneath.

Tan-line-free swimsuits, people.

Piggy is not one for roasting herself on the beach. The last time Piggy wore a bathing suit, Madonna was wearing fishnet gloves, plastic bracelets and tiny skirts over leggings.

But if you're the sort who'd like to give the illusion that you've spent all summer on Wreck Beach, yet are a wee bit shy...you can order something from Kinicki's "Tan Through" range here.

Full story here.


* Grease, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps, if we knit long enough, we all find the stuff that we will not knit.

    I'm a fervent avoider of Noro. It just doesn't feel nice when I touch it. I've been told that it gets better when it is knitted up, but I wouldn't be able to deal with it in the process.

    (making mental note to probably avoid Piggy's unfavorite yarn. Might give it a grope, however, if it crosses my path.

    ReplyDelete