Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Every day is Sunday..."

I've been saying that a lot in the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure why it's Sunday; it could just as easily be Tuesday or Friday.

Anyway.

It's incredibly easy to lose track of time whilst unemployed. Much of the time, it really isn't a big deal; it's actually rather nice. But occasionally, not knowing which day is which can be problematic.

Such as today.

I've been labouring to complete my House Scarf in time for the deadline. Well, more often postponing the labour, really; I am, after all, a champion procrastiknitter.

Last night, after wasting the evening online, I promised myself I'd get up early this morning, and crank that sucker out for tonight's deadline.

I did manage to wake up reasonably early this morning, and was all set to start knitting. First, though, I logged onto Ravelry and left a quick post to confirm the precise deadline was at 11:59 p.m. (as you can imagine, Piggy will likely need every minute.)

A few minutes later came the reply: today is May 30th, not 31st. The deadline is tomorrow.

Three guesses as to how much knitting I've done so far today. The first two don't count.

1 comment:

  1. well, heck. Why knit today when you can power through tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete