Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Miscellany

Just a drive-by post right now; I've been without my computer since yesterday evening, when I brought it over to my friends' place for a quick checkup. It was sicker than we anticipated, however; it had to spend the night. Hopefully Lappy will be discharged sometime this evening...fingers crossed.

Anyhoo, a few quick updates:

1. Wranglers' Selbu Modern KAL: most of the participants made it to the Grind yesterday. I took a picture of all the larval Selbus...but I can't upload it here at work, so you'll just have to wait to see how far behind Piggy was. Over lunch today I managed to do the first round of colourwork. It was a tad nerve-wracking; I really, really do not want to end up with a puckered fabric. But honestly, telling Piggy to carry the yarn loosely is a recipe for disaster: Piggy doesn't do loose, in any sense of the word. It's a sad fact.

2. Ravelry Malabrigo Swap, Round 6: I'm in! The swap filled up in record time -- so quickly, the mods decided to stretch the number of swappers from 60 to 65 this go 'round. I can't wait to find out who I'm going to spoil; I love the mandatory stalking period.

3. House Challenge: Piggy got the final answer (and 12 points) once again last week: Leptospirosis FTW (well, the top third or so, anyway)! Keep your open wounds away from rat piss, my friends.

4. Weather: Spring has finally sprung. It's absolutely gorgeous here in Vancouver -- about 16 Celsius (about 61 Fahrenheit, methinks) and sunny this afternoon (it was even warmer yesterday). The cherry blossoms are finally out, and all seems right with the world. It's amazing how much a couple of days of sunshine can make us forget how much rain we get here.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I guess all the rain makes things grow. It is rainy here in Alabama

    ReplyDelete