Friday, April 3, 2009

FO: Good Luck Cowl (formerly the Bad Luck Cowl)

Well, it's finally done, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am. This thing had taken on epic proportions far beyond the pattern itself.

It actually went pretty smoothly this time; yes, there are a few errors, thanks to little lapses in concentration, but nothing too awful.

Here it is, all dry and taken off the blocking pad:

Good Luck Cowl - blocked

So...the details:

Pattern: Good Luck Cowl, (non-Ravelry link ) by Christianne Gerstner
Yarn: elann.com Undyed Superwash Merino Sock, dyed with coffee, 1 skein
Needles: 40cm/16 in Addi Turbos, 3.75mm/US 5
Modifications: None (well, none of the intentional variety!)

I'm planning to gift this to somebody (you might be able to guess who you are)...but I am concerned it's a tad snug; I think with my gauge (I didn't swatch, of course), an extra one or two 10-stitch repeats would be a good idea next time (hey, you never know!)

3 comments:

  1. The lace pattern is very very pretty, Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out very nice. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and I love the coffee color!

    ReplyDelete