Sunday, March 29, 2009

What was I thinking? (Help a Piggy out!)

As I mentioned a little while ago, Piggy went a little nuts during a recent elann.com sale.

Twenty-five balls of fingering-weight cotton worth of nuts, in fact.

cabledue

Well, they arrived last week. And I have no idea what to do with them.

I seem to recall my pre-process knitterly self -- seduced by all the pretty colours and the rock-bottom pricing -- planning summer dresses for my nieces (and assorted other little girls of my aquaintance). Think I can find any patterns for such that call for fingering weight?

Suggestions? (Please!!!)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm not going to be much help, I'm afraid. I see that stuff and I immediately think doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally want to crochet those bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no no no! scarf with the purple: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-ribbon-scarf

    You could even do the SELBU with it! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/selbu-modern


    I did this search and came up with a TON of patterns: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search?advanced=1&craft=knitting#r=&craft=knitting&query=&sort=best&view=thumblist&add_id=10&add=Fingering&apply=1&history=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't know what to do with it, but it's awfully pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been drawn in by the glorious colors also...but as I don't have any youngsters (17 and 19) I am not much help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors.... I think your should consider a mitered square rug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOo so pretty! Just put a frame in front of it and call it art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, those colors are beautiful. As to what to make from it all? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made my nieces the daisy dresses from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots. Cute, but what a pain to knit those flat in COTTON on tiny needles. Next time I'll do them in the round.

    ReplyDelete