On the weekend I actually made a bit of progress on the Good Luck/Bad Luck Cowl...
On the bus this morning, however, I came across an error. I am missing one stitch in one of the 10-stitch repeats. By my count, three options are open to me at this point:
- Make one stitch and just press on; nobody is going to notice.
- Tink back until I find the error (two rounds back, methinks), fix it, and continue.
- Frog the bloody thing, and accept I was never meant to complete this project.
- Pro: this is the quickest and easiest solution. Con: I'm going to know the mistake is there, darn it. And it will bother me no end.
- Pro: I'll be able to sleep better knowing it's done right. Con: I'm going to have to tink back two rounds; and when tinking k2togs and pssos, the possibility of making additional errors is reasonably high. This, of course, means further hair-pulling. And less sleep.
- Pro: My frogging skills are highly developed; I know I can rip perfectly. Con: Once it's frogged, I'm going to have to start all over again. Call me Captain Ahab; this cowl is my Moby Dick.