Thursday, March 5, 2009

FO: Mmmmal Swap Birthday Cowl

Yes, it's another Birthday Cowl. I can't rave about this pattern enough. It's a quick and ridiculously easy knit (seriously, it's simple enough for even Piggy to memorize in a flash) that looks lovely and uses less than a skein of Malabrigo Worsted. And -- the proverbial icing on the cupcake -- it's a freebie. What's not to love?

This is my second Birthday Cowl, and like the first, I gave it away. This one was for Adrienne, my spoilee in the Malabrigo Swap on Ravelry.



Apologies for the craptastic photo.

Because I needed to keep this project under wraps until the swap was completed, I also used it as my February Charms homework in the Harry Potter Knitting & Crochet House Cup -- the assignment was to use the Fidelius Charm.

Project Details:

Pattern: Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Christmas Green -- a little over half a skein

Needles: 5mm/US8, 16" Addi Turbos

Modifications: None!

Start/Finish: Feb. 17/Feb. 19


The next one is mine, all mine!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I only wish it hadn't warmed up so quickly- who knows if I'll be able to wear it again this winter?

    And I love that it's tied in with a Harry Potter KAL, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you happen to still have the remainder of that Christmas Green skein and be willing to sell it? I have a hat project that I just ran out of Christmas green on, only need about .3 of a skein to finish it! PS I'm going to look you up on Rav since you must surely be a Junkie.

    ReplyDelete