Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FO: Cabled Baby Hat

I wish the weather outside were as sunny and cheerful as this sweet hat.


Cabled Baby Hat


Yep, I'm loving the final product. And I even picked up a new skill for this one (yay, process!): cabling without a cable needle. I used Grumperina's handy tutorial, which made it easy (I would recommend you use needles with fairly pointy tips).

This was made both for Malabrigo March (general accessory) and March Herbology homework in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup (the assignment: use Abyssinian Shrivelfig to "shrink" your object).

Project details:

Pattern: Cabled Baby Hats (non-Ravelers, go here) by Julie Hentz; 10-cable version
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, in Pollen; less than half a skein
Needles: 4.5mm/US 7 Clover 13 cm/5 in double points
Modifications: None.

Now I'm back in pre-process mode: I'm trying to find one more project to squeeze in before the Selbu Modern KAL starts...

5 comments:

  1. that looks really good. I'm impressed with the cable without a cable needle. Must figure that out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelovelove!! The color is so springy and wonderful. If it only takes a little, I may have found a use for the Malabrigo in "Sunset" leftover for the last Amanda Hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to eventually feel confident enough to cable without a cable needle maybe someday your hat came out great

    ReplyDelete