Monday, February 16, 2009

Piggy's Proposal

Piggy got into the Valentine's Day spirit after all. Well, sort of.

Allow me to explain. I like ice cream. A lot. I don’t think it would be stretching it to say I love ice cream. (Stick with me…all will become clear.) In fact, it would not be inaccurate to say that ice cream is my favourite food. I could happily eat ice cream three times a day, every day of the year.

Thing is, Piggy is trying to give up dairy products. I won’t go into all the reasons for this; suffice it to say that I have never felt (or looked) better than the two years when my diet was free of animal-derived foods, including dairy products.

Now, there are several non-dairy ice “creams” available; a couple of them are even pretty tasty. Well, the chocolate-based ones, anyway. I’ve never been satisfied with vanilla-flavoured ones; the beany flavour of soy seems to overpower flavours less robust than chocolate.

But on Saturday (yes, Valentine’s Day), my relationship with ice cream changed forever.


Piggy hereby proposes marriage to the genius at Turtle Mountain Foods who came up with idea to make non-dairy ice “cream” from coconut milk.

I'm only half-joking.

3 comments:

  1. that looks very yummy, I must go and find some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Is is coconutty? Can you get it at Whole Foods? (I'm asuming that they have joined Starbucks to take over the earth and you have then in Canada).

    ReplyDelete