Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FO: Soar, Brie! Blankie

What's the world coming to? Piggy's got another finished object. And it's crocheted.


Don't mind the gaps!

It ain't the most beautiful blanket in the world, it's true. It's just row on row on row of double crochet, with a border of reverse single crochet (well, except where it was reverse half-double, double or even treble crochet, where it was needed to even out the edges!) of Vanna's Choice acrylic.

But it was made with love for a special friend going on a special journey. (Oh, and for the House Points it received as my Care of Magical Creatures homework, too, of course...)


Brie thinks she might really be a Hufflepuff...


That would be my sister's dog, Brie, who, as I type (late Monday night; gotta love scheduled posting), is -- hopefully -- sleeping soundly in a crate on the lower level of an Air Canada jet soaring above the Arctic en route to London. Pending the approval of a vet at Heathrow, my sister and her family will be taking her home to Portsmouth tomorrow.

It was hard to say goodbye to Brie this afternoon, but I'm glad she has a nice blankie to keep her warm on her trip. Because despite all my crochet goofs (Piggy has the hardest time keeping the same number of stitches on each row!), I'm pretty sure Brie likes it.


Say it with me: awwwwwww!

Happy trails, Brie-bear!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a completely crochet project. The gaps are so that it breathes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie loves it and it made her feel that much better on the flight over! It is being washed right now so that we can give it back to her ASAP! I'll post a picture of her with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves her blanket it looks great you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete