Friday, January 16, 2009

Piggy is verklempt

I would have posted this sooner, but there was just so much stash-enhancing to report on. But look what beentsy gave Piggy on Saturday:



A delcious cowl in Fuchsia Malabrigo Worsted. This picture doesn't do the colour justice at all -- I'll try to grab another shot in daylight. It is both beautiful and practical: it kept Piggy nice and warm while waiting in the cold rain for an hour before the big sale at Three Bags Full. 

Also in the gift bag: the leftover yarn -- about half a skein! Sweet!

So how did I thank beentsy? I swore at her. Repeatedly. Ummm...yeah. Interesting approach, I know. You see, Piggy didn't give beentsy a prezzie, let alone one a hand-knit in one of her favourite shades of Mmmalabrigo. I felt quite embarrassed, and in situations like that, my inner sailor comes out.

Ok, who am I kidding? I swear all the time; it's one of many bad habits. But I'm sure you know what I mean.

So here is a public, G-rated thank you to beentsy.  I love the cowl, and really appreciate that you included me in your Christmas knitting. :-)

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. Very nicely made. Lucky YarnPiggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it. :) Oh, and for future reference for our relationship, I kind of like being sworn at. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift! I'm sure beentsy didn't do it to make you feel awkward. If she's like me, then she just loves to give people things and is happy to call you her friend...and from what I'm reading above me, enjoys the swearing. ;)

    I need to make myself a couple of cowls. I'm thinking the Cherry Garcia needs to be mine. :D YUP.

    Uhm, so yeah, I'm gonna end this comment right here before it rambles TOTALLY out of control!

    Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete