Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's Miscellany

I'm so unorganized, so today's post is just a hodge-podge of snippets from Piggy's day..

First up: the goings-on in Ottawa. I could go on and on (and on) about it, but I'm tired, and my leg is hurting. Besides, Stephanie at And She Knits Too! already did a great job of it this morning: see her post here. Let's just say Piggy's not pleased with the the PM's propaganda, scare tactics and lies. And she's disappointed with the Governor General's decision.

That said, this time-out does perhaps give the Liberals a bit of time to sort out their family squabbles and choose a new leader ahead of their convention in May. Personally, I quite like Mr. Dion;, I think he's an intelligent, honest, honourable man. And he seems like a nice guy, to boot. Unfortunately, those things ain't enough to get the job done.

Ok, moving on to much happier news: Piggy got a much-needed haircut this morning. Seriously, dudes...it was MUCH needed. It never ceases to amaze me how much better I feel after a haircut. Honestly, it feels like I've lost 10 pounds. 

After the haircut, I came back to my new castle (that would be Melly/WoollyBugger's house -- she's sitting on a beach in Cuba getting brown, so I've moved in to keep the cats fed), and coloured my newly cropped hair. I used to get my hair coloured by my pro, but now that I'm unemployed, I've had to cut back.

Anyhoo...I now have about two inches less hair, and zero greys. And no, you're not getting a photo. Piggy likes maintaining a veil of mystery, don't you know. :-)

And the mystery continues...I went yarn shopping this afternoon for my swap partner on the Blue Sky Alpacas swap on Ravelry. It's a secret swap, so I can't tell you anything about it. 

And finally: a look ahead to tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear about the results from the X-ray of my left hip. That might be a bit optimistic: I suspect a call from the clinic might not happen until Monday. Whenever it comes, I'm hoping it isn't what the doctor apparently suspects it might be: osteoarthritis.

One thing about tomorrow is definite: I have a job interview. It's for a short-term, admin. position, not necessarily a career-maker, but I could really use the gig. Wish me luck! 

4 comments:

  1. You are full of secrets and deceit...

    I LOVE IT!

    I'm hoping you dyed your hair red or blue. Or red and blue! Yeah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing good luck on the hip and job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your interview. let us know how it went...

    ReplyDelete