It's that time again...
I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. Well, that's not entirely true; I usually make one or two (almost always the same one or two -- no points for guessing the first one), but they're always vague enough to make it almost impossible to keep them up past the first week or two of January. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Call me crazy, but I've decided to give it another go for 2009; however, this year my list is different. I'm ditching the old standards in favour of a new list of fibre-related resolutions.
In 2009, Piggy will...
- Knit every day. Even if just for five minutes. Even when I'm having problems with my current project.
- Learn to knit continental-style. Oh, and the Norwegian Purl. I need to catch up to Melly. (Who I taught to knit less than two months ago, remember?)
- Knit my first pair of socks. No more excuses.
- Introduce completed socks to the Harlot at Sock Summit 2009. ROAD TRIP! Are you going to be there?
- Have no more than two projects on the needles at any given time. One small, portable project, and one bigger one. I can't start this one, of course, until I finish enough projects to bring the number down to two. Which of course, won't happen until I find all of them. I'm thinking this isn't the best bet on this list.
- Knit a sweater. For an adult.
- Start my Christmas knitting in September, rather than late November. On second thought, better make that June. Or to be really safe, February. Hell, I guess I'd better start now. Hopefully some of this term's assignments will be suitable for gift knitting. (Soar, Ravenclaw!)
- Knit a lace shawl. Maybe this one. (I'm open to other suggestions; please share them!)
- Complete another crochet project. The first one actually went pretty well, despite all my grumbling.
- Learn how to spin. Using my drop spindle and spinning wheel (yes, I have been given a free one of each, and haven't spun a darn thing yet).
- Go on a yarn diet: no new yarn without a specific project in mind.
- Learn to cable without a cable needle. I love cabled knits, and this should make them go so much faster.
- Embrace the lifeline. Probably the only way to complete resolution #8.
- Try some colour work: Fair Isle, intarsia, whatever.
- Lose weight. (I had to throw it in there. Besides, it will help make my inevitable failure at resolution #11 slightly less financially crippling.)
Fingers (and toes) crossed, Piggy will succeed at at least a third of these. Stay tuned!
Are you making any New Year's resolutions? Or have you long-ago resolved not to make any more? Have you succeeded at any of your past resolutions?
I wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!