Wednesday, December 24, 2008

FO: Christmas Cowl 2 (oh, and Snowmageddon Round 3)

Yes, cowl #2: a cowl for my cousin and godmother, who is scheduled to arrive sometime today, weather permitting.

It's snowing, you see. Again. Up to 30 cm predicted by Christmas morning. Tee, hee.

Anyhoo...I put my mother's cowl on hold to cast on one for my cousin. I figured Mum is used to PKT (Piggy Knitting Time), and would be more likely to forgive me if I didn't finish in time for the big day. Fortunately, I should (notice pre-failure prevarication) be able to complete hers in time, as well.

It's all over, save a few hours of drying by the register. So, without further ado...





All the details...


Pattern: Tyler Cowl, by Grace Mcewen
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Autumn Forest colourway, about 1/2 skein
Needles: 5 mm/US 8
Modifications: I knit 8 rows of Row 10 after the third cable, rather than 15, then bound off in pattern, without changing needle sizes.

Also, as promised, an updated view from my mother's balcony.




This was taken on Monday. It's snowing right now, but the temperature is on the rise, so starting tomorrow it will be getting pretty slushy and gross. But it should be a beautiful White Christmas.

Just in case I don't post again beforehand, let me wish you a very Merry Christmas/Happy Day Off Work!

2 comments:

  1. The cowl looks great. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn goes beautifully with the cable pattern!

    ReplyDelete