Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FO: Christmas Birthday Cowl

It's been pretty quiet chez Piggy's mum: no posts since Christmas Eve. Quite unlike Piggy, especially when there was a finished object to brag about. And not just any finished object, either, but a piece of Christmas knitting completed on time! 

May I present my camera-shy mum wearing her new cowl:




I cast off on Christmas Eve -- or perhaps it was just into Christmas Day, wrapped it up Christmas morning, and blocked it after all the prezzies were unwrapped. Here it is all flat and blocking:




And all the details:
  • Pattern: Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals
  • Needles: 40 cm/16 in Addi Turbo circular, size 5 mm/US 8
  • Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted, "Stonechat" colourway, about 1/2 skein
  • Modifications: None, really; I knit to about 20 cm/8 in rather than 9.

5 comments:

  1. Is that an almost picture of Piggy we see there? :)

    The cowl is gorgeous!!!! I really, really like that colorway. In fact, whenever I see Mmmmalabrigo, my eyes always go right to that particular colorway. It screams my name every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cowl is gorgeous!Thank you for providing a link to the pattern. I will be sure to file it with my other wishlist items

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cowl, looks great on. I wasn't sure if I would like cowls but this is absolutely gorgeous and I am also drawn to this colorway, love reds. Can't wait to cast on for this now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cowl - it looks fabulous on...

    ReplyDelete