Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reverse-psychology knitting

Today I was going to have the needle roll completed.  I'm sure you can guess how I did, even without that hint in the title of this post. The best-laid plans, and all that.

To mix my literary allusions, let me share with you one of Piggy's favourite quotations: "I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."  -- Douglas Adams
I did, at least, manage to felt the body of the roll. I'm quite pleased with the result.



It went through two washes in hot water, and the spin cycle. I've seen instructions that tell you to avoid the spin cycle at all costs, but Siobhan (of the felting par-tay) assured me it would be fine, and she was right. I figure it will cut down on the drying time a fair bit, too.

The felting was finished this morning, and I had plenty of time to get on with the two cabled strips that will hold the needles. So I did.



I haven't got too far...and I'm not going to commit to finishing it tomorrow, either. Maybe this will make it it happen in record time. While I sleep, even.

It's a theory, anyway.

9 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see how this turns out. Felting is not my forte, but you make me want to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeedy - those colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out very nice. Good job!

    Oh, by the way, I'm stealing your favorite quote. Loved Douglas Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it would make a pretty placement or hot pad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be fabulous when it's done, can't wait to see it!
    I let my felted items spin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very wonderful and green! It's gonna be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Piggy! That was all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete