Saturday, November 29, 2008

Piggy's little helpers

No knitting progress to report (mine, anyway; I gather Mel is ready to start the decreases on her new hat), as I've been struggling with a rather painful left thigh that's literally been keeping me up at night. 

Here's what's been keeping Piggy going over the last few days:




Those would be a no-name brand of muscle relaxants combined with a relatively hefty dose of acetylsalicylic acid (that would be no-name Aspirin, to you and me). They come straight from the pharmacy shelf, rather than over-the-counter or by prescription. That 'ES' stands for 'Extra Strength'. Well, they aren't strong enough, even at triple the suggested dose.

So tomorrow morning, Piggy's going to suck it up and submit herself to an examination by a doctor. It takes a lot to get me to see a doctor, and I'd really hoped to avoid it, but I can't fool myself any longer.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck at the doctor and I hope you are feeling better and back to knitting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the doctor gives you some real relief. Gotta love the correct drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! That's no fun! Sending you happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you are feeling some relief

    ReplyDelete