Friday, November 28, 2008

Piggy Gets Greedy

In honour of Black Friday, and the "official" start of the madness known as the Christmas shopping "season", (I'm pretty sure Christmas is supposed to be about something else, but I can't quite remember what...) today's post is going to be crassly commercial, and all about stuff Piggy wants -- for Christmas, sure, but any random Tuesday works just as well. Feel free to go away now and come back tomorrow, if you'd rather. But I promise, this will be brief (by Piggy standards, anyway). And you might find it useful, even if you'd rather think of yourself as the non-material sort.

Because really, this post is about a handy -- and clever, if crass -- way to keep track of things you'd like to receive -- whether from Santa, your significant other, your mum or, gasp, yourself.

Before you get all self-righteous on me, do a little reality check. Have you ever written a wishlist and stuck it on the fridge for all to see? Ever drop a not-so-subtle hint (or 10) over dinner with your beloved? Sent them that form e-mail from Amazon? If not, you are a far, far better person than I. And one who shouldn't stick around this post being smug around the rest of us.

For the rest of us, let me direct you to kaboodle. Terrible name aside, it is, as far as I can tell, the mother of all online wishlists. Because you can add anything from any website to your list(s). Anything. From anywhere. You know that little "add to ravelry queue" button you can drag up to your bookmark bar? There's an "add to kaboodle" one that works the same way. So you can combine all your wishlists into one.

Or two. I have a knitting/spinning (no, I still haven't started spinning, but maybe this will help) wishlist and an "everything else" wishlist on kaboodle. I just happen to have the knitting/spinning one right here in a handy-dandy slideshow...




I know, I know. I should feel bad about wanting all this stuff. And I do.

But it's kind of fun, too.

4 comments:

  1. I use a similar site, called wists.com. :) Although I used it as an inspiration notebook for anything that catches my eye online. I have almost 700 items so far... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a list on ThingsIWant.com and my mom and OH both conveniently lost the e-mails I sent them.

    Hurumph!! I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that is cool! Another thing for me to be addicted too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete