Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Knitting Karma

Just a quick one this evening, as I'm on my way out the door to casa WoollyBugger (that would be Melly, in case you missed yesterday's post) for another knitting session.

Last night, after completing the Noro Whoro Scarf, Melly cast on a new project: The Boy Hat. In Mmmmalabrigo Worsted. Yep, after a mini-scarf and an adult-sized skinny scarf, Melly's moved onto knitting in the round, using a yarn I Piggy can totally get behind.  

I'll admit it right up front: I was both proud, and a little jealous at how quickly Melly was progressing. I mean, I don't want to tell you how long it took me to climb the ladder from scarves to hats. 

Jealously is not a good thing. I think I jinxed the hat.

While we watched PVR-ed episodes of Coronation Street and chatted, Melly got quite a bit done. A good couple of inches, in fact. Unfortunately, Piggy neglected to watch that first round Melly was doing very carefully...




So Melly advanced straight to moebius knitting. Ooops. It kind of put the "Bugger!" into WoollyBugger, really.




Lucky for Piggy, WoollyBugger doesn't hold a grudge, or stay mad for long. But that forlorn look made me feel even worse.

So tonight, we start it again!

2 comments:

  1. Mobius it may be but she still did fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful even stitching, such a shame to be ripped out.

    Did I help with the guilt any? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete