Sunday, November 9, 2008

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

...yarn overs will be the death of me.

Guess what I worked on today?




Yep, that's the Good Luck Cowl. Believe it or not, there are three more rounds of it knitted than the last time you saw it. And -- as I'm sure you'll have no problem believing -- there was tinking involved. Luckily, I was with MrsQuimby, who helped avert a major catastrophe by discovering a missing yarn over (well, discovering the lack of a yarn over, to be more precise), and fixing it.

That bit of yarny detective work and surgery was the end of a nice field trip. First, we worshipped at the church of Maiwa, where MrsQ picked up some dye (you'll see what that's all about later on). Piggy demonstrated considerable unemployment-related restraint amid all the alpaca and silk, and made just one tiny purchase:



A pair of hand-carved buttons from Nepal. For the needle roll.

After Maiwa, we headed to the Laughing Bean, where MrsQ treated me to coffee and a yummy grilled calabrese sandwich (so much for the no dairy!). Deeeee-lish! That's where the aforementioned yarn over crisis of November 9, 2008 took place (I'm being specific, because there really are too many yo crises to keep track of easily).

Anyhoo. I did manage to do a wee bit more knitting this evening. And before you get excited, I mean it when I say "wee":



I would have completed a fair bit more, had it not been for the new time-suck chez Piggy. More on that tomorrow.  Probably.

Piggy's a tease, you see.

6 comments:

  1. Blog-tease! :)

    Those buttons are gorgeous. I'm a sucker for buttons. I went to Maryland S&W last year and bought these two gorgeous hand made ceramic buttons without a clue as to what I was going to do with them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I like about YOs, is dropping them... INTENTIONALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a project for the buttons? The YO issue goes away when you embrace a project with a few thousand and then you just never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just impressed that you are knitting lace at all! I am still too intimidated to try. Maybe next year - only got to two color knitting last month!

    ReplyDelete