Thursday, November 13, 2008

I have created a monster

A wonderfully friendly monster, but a monster nonetheless.

Mel (aka "ian" in the comments -- for some reason I still haven't quite worked out, when Melly leaves a comment, it "makes" her sign her husband's name, rather than her own) is a now a full-fledged member of the knitting community.

And she's a bandwagon-jumping knitter, to boot. She's been seduced by the Noro Striped Scarf. And she wants to knit one herself. Yesterday. And preferably the exact same one knitted by brooklyntweed himself (my imaginary boyfriend, as you'll remember from yesterday's post). 

When I told her that might not be possible -- perhaps the LYS we're meeting at tomorrow won't have the specific colourways, perhaps those colourways aren't even around anymore -- Mel had a bit of a moment. But I think she's fine now.

4 comments:

  1. But what a great monster to create, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm, for all you other Noro Whoros out there, (I can't possibly be the only one), have you checked out this site?

    http://www.woolneedlework.com/

    Good prices, in Canada so no shipping/duty surprises, plenty of Noro. A yarny trifecta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Noro colors are just so yummy, aren't they?! I'm sure she will find some she will love just as much if the colorways he used aren't available. I know I want all of them.

    ReplyDelete