Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Piggy Sparkles!

A lucky, lucky Piggy am I! Yesterday evening I opened my PO Box to discover one of my favourite things: a card telling me a package too big for the box was waiting behind the counter. Oooooh, the anticipation!

After waiting (somewhat patiently) behind a nice old lady with a bazillion packages en route to Massachusetts, and having the two parcels I was sending (one to Prince George, BC, and the other to Kansas) measured, weighed, stamped, etc. by my friendly 7-11 clerk, Hazel, I received a nice fat envelope to bring home with me.

As anyone who knows me could have predicted, I didn't wait to get home to open it. Instead, I ripped the thing open right in front of the Slurpee machine (I had wandered over to see if they had brought back the Pink Grapefruit Slurpee yet. Nope.) And here is what was inside:



A-ha! The Yarn Junkies II - Month 7: Blue swap on swap-bot. From my fantastic swap partner Kate, aka knit on etsy. Along with a lovely note, she sent me a skein of her "Extravagance" yarn in the Sapphire colourway, a tin of knitting gift tags (the tin itself ain't in the picture -- oops), and a sachet of the most heavenly scent combination: lavender and lemon. Yummy!

Here's a closer look at the yarn, which is a fingering weight, 63% superwash merino, 20% silk, 15% nylon, and -- here's where the sparkles come in -- 2% silver fibres.



Gorgeous, isn't it? I really need to get my butt in gear and get over my sock phobia, so I can have some twinkly toes.

And a better shot of the knitting gift tags -- each side (but still no tin -- oops again):




I love these; not only are they beautiful, they will come in handy if I ever complete any of my gift knitting projects. Hey, one dream.

Thanks so much, Kate!

Be sure to check out her etsy shop -- lots of great stuff there -- as well as her fun blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment