Saturday, October 11, 2008

And the winners are...

Just a quick report today from chez Piggy, which has temporarily relocated to my mum's house in Gibsons, B.C. for Thanksgiving weekend.

First off, the results of the fall's "third election". The winner of the Hockey Night in Canada Anthem Challenge was announced live on CBC about an hour ago. And, as I fully predict will be the case on Tuesday night, after the results of that other vote, Piggy is disappointed.

Canadian Gold, by Colin Oberst, is Canada's new "unofficial second national anthem".

It's a nice enough song ,and the new graphics (not yet available for me to pirate) are o.k., but as I mentioned yesterday, I was rooting for my fellow Leafs fan, Robert Fraser Burke. And not just because he's a charmingly geeky 13-year-old. I mean, Oberst is an Oliers fan. Ugh.

Anyhoo...moving on to a happier announcement: the winner of my wee comment contest. Seven whole people managed to wade through Wednesday's post on the platforms of Canada's federalist parties -- including some Americans, bless 'em -- and leave me a comment. Cheers to all of you. But alas, there can only be one winner.

And that winner, soon to be the proud (I live in hope) owner of a set of handmade beaded stitchmarkers and chosen by a random number generator (a.k.a. my mother), is the author of post #4...and that would be beentsy. Dude! I'm e-mailing you now for your colour choice, and I'll get them to you a.s.a.p.

Ok kids, that's all for today...I'll try to come up with something good for tomorrow. Perhaps even some knitting, of all things.

(This daily blogging challenge is a real...umm...challenge. My brain is mush.)

No comments:

Post a Comment