Monday, August 18, 2008

One step forward, two steps back

First, the good news...a Ravelympics FO:

I finally finished my entry for the Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss at 10:41 (sorry, the timing system chez Piggy doesn't run to the tenths or hundredths of a second -- this isn't the Men's 100 metre Butterfly) on Sunday morning.

The details:

Pattern: This Little Piggy, by Amy Gaines. Bought as part of a set of all her amigurumi patterns to knit at her etsy shop.
Yarn: Patons Astra in Baby Pink, Deep Pink, Hot Pink and Dark Tan
Needles: 2.75 mm/US 2 Clover bamboo dpns

Overall, I'm happy with the result. The pattern itself is well written, and doesn't require any special skills. I chose to use DK-weight yarn and 2.75 mm needles rather than the worsted weight yarn and 3.5 mm needles specified in the pattern. I knit in the round, with the exception of its left arm, which I knit flat, just to force myself to practice a bit of seaming.

My only quibbles are with my finishing skills. The piggy suffers from scoliosis, methinks -- he is a little off-kilter. But cute nonetheless.

And the bad news...I had to "frink" (something between frogging and tinking) several rows of the baby cardigan I had hoped to finish on the weekend, as I forgot to add a button hole.

So not only have I not finished, I have actually gone backwards. I'll get it done by the end of the Ravelympics, but I'm not terribly confident that I'll complete (or get even a quarter way through) my Baby Dressage entry, the Funky Baby Kimono.

Puppy-sitting on Saturday went well. I have more Ebony pics, of course, but Top Dog Brodie was getting a bit jealous of all the attention her new friend has attracted, so she insisted on a photoshoot of her own.

She's pretty darn cute, too, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. That is one very cute puppy indeed - and a very cute piggy!

    And yes, during the ceremony...months before the wedding, while discussing the music, her fiance had joked that he wanted "Wild Thing." Well. When sis couldn't decide what she wanted us to sing when they walked back down the aisle at the end of the ceremony, we just told her to leave it to us, we'd find something appropriate.

    I think it worked quite well! And her new hubby was so tickled by it that she didn't even give us heck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the piggy! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete